Easy king cake recipe is not only simple but also not hard enough to make. The taste cannot be forgotten with a little sweet sensation from the powdered sugar. It is colorful and it makes the cake a suitable choice for children or for any occasion. Let’s learn more on this cake and on how to make it.
The real name of this cake is Mardi Gras King Cake. It has traditional colors and each color delivers certain meaning. The gold means power, green for faith, and purple for justice. Usually, there is a small plastic baby hidden inside the cake. It represents baby Jesus. According to the tradition, whoever gets the slice with the baby inside has to provide the King cake for the next year.
For the texture, it has a soft one. It has wonderful color with the sprinkle of powdered sugar over the cake as the sweetener. It is very simple to make this cake. You only need 40 minutes to prepare and make it. Moreover, the cost of all the ingredients is about $6.00 for one normal portion. Very cheap!
Easy King Cake Tips
Before you make this cake, you must consider about the following simple tips. They are important for making tastier and better looking cake. Check out following list.
- The Use of Salted Butter
Using the salted butter to the cake is very important to make the cake tastier and fluffier. Before using the butter, make sure it is warm enough. Do not use the frozen one from the cooling rack. It will make the butter difficult to combine with the dough. Let the butter warm enough for a while.
- Put the Plastic Baby Inside the Cake
To make this cake, do not forget to put the plastic baby inside for the tradition of making it. However, do not put it before you bake the cake. Plastic material is easily melted while heated. It makes the cake dangerous to eat. After baking, let the cake cool for a while then put the baby inside.
How to make easy King Cake
For the Cake:
- 8 ounces of reduced- fat crescent rolls
- 4 ounces of reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons of salted butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- Cooking spray
For Icing and Sugars:
- 8 ounces of powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons of skim milk
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Colored sugar (gold, green, and purple)
- Preheat the oven up to 350° F.
- Coat the cake pan with cooking spray.
- Start to prepare the cake. Slices the crescent rolls at perforations into 16 parts.
- Place the slices around the cake pan. The points should be in the center.
- Press the seams together about halfway down from the points.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar using a mixer at medium speed. Beat it until it is incorporated and creamy.
- Spread the mixture of the cream cheese on the dough before adding it in the center of the seams that have been pressed as one.
- In another bowl, combine the salted butter, cinnamon, and brown sugar using a fork. Stir it until it is incorporated and crumbly. Then, sow it over the mixture of the cream cheese.
- Fold the dough until it is filled. After that, fold the base of triangles to the points and make it a circular roll as a form.
- Bake the dough in the oven about 20-25 minutes until the color is golden brown.
- While the cake is baked, prepare the icing by combining the powdered sugar, skim milk, and vanilla extract in a bowl. Whisk it until it is incorporated
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it warm in touch about 10 minutes.
- Sow the icing over the cake. Then, sprinkle the colored sugar over the cake.
- Served the cake.
Easy King Cake Recipe Tips
This is important for you not to forget to tell everyone who will eat it that there is the hidden plastic baby somewhere inside the cake. So, nobody will choke on the plastic baby.
So, what are you waiting for? You should try serving this cake on the next event you hold. The sweet of this cake makes it a perfect treat for your guests and even for a desert. Share the happiness of your event with easy king cake recipe to your family and guests.