Whether it is spring or summer, easy pineapple upside down cake is a call of the day! Its sour and sweet taste makes your mouth water just by seeing the picture. This cake is the handle of time machine. With a cup of afternoon tea, swing back times to years before, stopping in every childhood memories.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Depending on your dough, the cake may deliver different taste. If you use all purpose flour, it will have sweet taste and light texture. If you make the batter from scratch, then the texture is densed with mild taste. A perfect pineapple cake will have fluffy yellowish color and creamy glaze on the topping. You will need $10 to get all the ingredients
Pineapple Upside Down Cake easy tips
You might simply enjoy this delicacies for its taste. Do you know that you have more than that? Take a look at these tips for you.
- Instead of buying a can of pineapple, you can cut it yourself. The work is far less intimidating than you imagined. This method also enhances the flavor.
- The ideal pineapple ring size for upside down cake is ¾ inches. Let the brown spot on the skin and remove the core.
How to make easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Put your hands on the cake. Do as follows if you are a beginner baker. Those with experiences will find it easier to go with the flow.
For the topping:
50 grams or half stick of butter (unsalted), room temperature
50 grams or half cup of brown sugar
7 pineapples rings, soaked in syrup or one pineappple can
Around 10 of maraschino cherries, cut into two pieces.
For the cake:
100 gram of softened butter
100 gram of golden caster sugar or granulated sugar
100 gram or two cups of self-raising flour or all purpose flour
1 table spoon of baking powder
½ table spoon of salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
50 ml of milk
- Turn on the stove and set it to low heat.
- Melt the butter.
- Turn off the stove and throw sugar in.
- Stir until all the sugar dissolves.
- Take the brush and dip it into the sweet liquid.
- Coat the bottom of the cake pan.
- Take the pineapple rings, arrange them on the bottom. Do not throw away the juice.
- Slide in one cherry in the pineapple center.
- In separated bowl, put flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Mix them.
- In another bowl, whisk butter and sugar for two minutes.
- Using the mixer, blend it well with eggs.
- Put the mixer low speed and pour half the flour mixture.
- Pour in the pineapple juice and the milk.
- Put the flour mixture left, then add vanilla.
- Spread the batter on top of the topping.
- Tidy up so the batter doesn’t look like a mess.
- Toss the pan 350 degrees Farenheit oven for 40 minutes
- Use toothpick to poke the dough. If the center comes out clean, then the cake is ready.
- Let the cake cool down for 10 minutes.
- Put a baking sheet on top; carefully flip the cake.
Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake recipe tips
Are you interested to explore more about this cake? Let’s get a quick glance to things that will help you add the flair to the cake.
- Upside down cake takes the appetizing fruit caramelization as the shining attraction. Long before the pineapple used, people put cherries and apples, plums or apricot.
- If you do not like cherries, take back the original recipes by putting walnuts or pecans.
- Skip the garnish. The pineapple ring already does the job.
- If you want to keep it in the refrigerator, put the cake inside the freezer for an hour without any cover. After that, you can take it out, wrap the cake and freeze it. If you do this, the wrap will not stick to the wrapping plastic.
- For the fans of spices, add ground cinnamon or ground ginger to the flour. Half teaspoon is enough.
- Some people love a cake with wet liquor shine. If you agree, then add brandy or orange juice to the dough. Be careful not to pour too much! You only need a few spoons.
Once in a while, enjoying taste treat from your long memories is not a sin. Instead of buying, you can follow the recipe and bake your own delicious cake. The ingredients could be bought in any supermarket, and the steps are not hard to follow. Grab your wallet and start your ingredients hunting. Grant a tasty and easy pineapple upside down cake- for your family on today’s afternoon tea.