Having too much chocolate but you only want more? Don’t worry. There is a unique cake that is made of one flavor, which is chocolate. Yes, Too Much Chocolate Cake is the name of this cake. From its name, you can guess by yourself that this cake is made of one ingredient. This cake is quite easy to make as well.
About the Cake
As mentioned above, the cake’s name comes from its ingredients, which only contain of chocolate. This cake is actually a bundt cake which the shape is circular or round, besides the cake is usually served in a bundt or ring pan. How about the taste? Guess by yourself! Yes, of course this cake taste sweet, however its texture is really soft and tender. The overall color is dark brown as it is made of chocolate.
These following simple tips will make your cake taste even better than the look. Check these tips below.
- Mind the Taste
Because of the sweetness is the only taste that comes from this cake, and then you should mind the taste. You don’t want to end up having the taste of this cake too sweet, right? Then, always measure the ingredients before you pour them all in the baking pan.
- Match with The Occasions
This cake is really great when it is served as dessert. However, if you are having afternoon tea or other relaxing times, you can actually serve this cake as well as your companion.
Well, are you ready to make this sweet cake? The overall time to make it is about an hour. So, let’s get started!
For the Cake
1 cup of sour cream
1 cup of oil
1/2 cup of warm water
1 box of cake mix
1 box of instant chocolate pudding mix
2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
4 large eggs
For the Ganache:
1/8 teaspoon of salt
1 and 1/4 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup of heavy cream
For the Cake:
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 190 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
- Next, prepare a 10-inch bundt pan and grease it. Set it aside.
- Prepare a large bowl. Beat the eggs.
- Mix in the water, sour cream, and oil. Then, mix the chocolate pudding mix and the cake mix as well.
- After that, gently stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the cake batter into the bundt pan.
- Place the bundt pan containing the cake batter into the oven and bake it for 55 minutes.
- Once finished, take it out and let the cake cool completely before swapping it onto a plate.
For the Ganache:
- Boil the heavy cream in a saucepan with medium heat.
- Prepare a medium bowl and add it with the salt and chocolate chips.
- Then, pour the boiled heavy cream over the salt and chocolate chips. Let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- After that, stir the mixture in the medium bowl with a whisk until it is shinny and smooth.
- Let the ganache sits for 15 minutes or until it becomes thick a bit.
- Pour the ganache over the top of the chocolate cake.
Additional Tips on Recipe
There are additional tips you should notice related to the recipe. Here are what you should know.
- The chocolate cake may become too tender if it is in the oven for too long. Make sure you often check whether the cake is well baked or not. The only solution to do that is to insert a toothpick into when the cake is still in the oven. If the inserted toothpick comes out clean, it means that the cake is already baked.
- If you don’t want the overall dark chocolate on your cake and you prefer to have another color, you can use white chocolate instead. However, it mostly changes the color not the taste of course.
So, if you are really into chocolate, this recipe can help you to make your dream to enjoy a cake with all chocolate flavor comes true. You can serve this cake for any occasion, such as after dessert, morning tea, afternoon tea, meeting up with your friends, and many more. Making Too Much Chocolate Cake is also easy and simple. So, what are you waiting for? Go to the kitchen and make one!