Pineapple upside down cake with cake mix is the best dessert for you to make. The sensation of the fresh pineapple slices and maraschino cherries over the cake cannot be forgotten in your life. Moreover, the fluffy and moist texture of this cake is the other addictive things you will love. Want to try baking this cake. Let’s find out more first.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake with Cake Mix
This cake is one of many fruit desserts that are very popular today. You will recognize it immediately by the pineapple slices and maraschino cherry over the cake. The light golden brown color makes this cake interesting to eat. The ingredients are pretty standard and easy to find as well. The recipe of the cake is very easy to follow too. To make this cake, you only need an hour and 50 minutes for the preparation and baking in total. It costs around $8 to make 13×9-inch cake.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake with Cake Mix Tips
- Use Fresh Fruit
For a fresh taste, use fresh fruit of pineapple and maraschino cherry. It will make the texture of the fruit crunchy and it enhances the taste. As an alternative, can fruit is agreeable. However, don’t expect the same texture and taste. It will still taste nice though.
- Salted Butter or Margarine
You can use salted butter or margarine. However, each of them contributes different effect on the dough. For the best result, you can use salted butter to mix in the dough. The texture will be softer yet moist. If you are going on budget, you can use margarine which is cheaper than salted butter.
- Walnut Halves
To make other variation of taste, you can use walnut halves to combine in the cake dough. It can be added on the garnish as well. Put the walnut halves over the cake to make it more interesting in appearance.
How to Make Pineapple Upside Down Cake with Cake Mix
- ½ cup of salted butter, melted
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of oil
- 11/3 cups of water
- 20 ounces of pineapple slices
- 8 ounces of maraschino cherries
- Walnut halves (optional)
- Preheat the oven up to 350°F.
- Melt the butter in 13×9-inch cake pan in the oven.
- Sow the brown sugar evenly over the butter.
- Place the pineapple slices evenly over the brown sugar.
- Place the maraschino cherry in the middle of each pineapple slice. Then, place them also around the pineapple slices. Press all the cherries gently over the brown sugar.
- To reserve the pineapple juice, add enough water in it to measure 1 cup.
- Make the dough that suitable on the box for the water to substitute the pineapple juice mixture.
- Pour the dough over the pineapple slices and the maraschino cherries.
- Bake the dough in the oven for 40-50 minutes until the cake looks golden brown.
- Replace the cake from the oven and immediately slice around the cake pan to make easy replace the cake from the cake pan.
- Place the cake on the dish upside down onto the cake pan. Then, turn the plate and cake pan over.
- Let the cake for 10 minutes until it is warm in touch.
- Place the cake in the cooling rack for 30 minutes for the best result.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake with Cake Mix Recipe Tips
- Prevent plain look by adding simple garnish on it. Use the sweetened whipped cream as desired. Perhaps you can use other fruit that fits the cake taste such as apple, pear, banana, etc.
- This can be served in cool or warm temperature. Both of them provide different sensation to your tongue while it remains super tasty. If you keep the cake at the fridge, it will last up to three months.
The use of pineapple is already fun. It reminds you on many tropical delicacies. While the cake is soft and most with sweet taste to the very last, this fruit add a surprising twist on it. It makes a perfect desert after a heavy main course. It will make energizing breakfast as well. Considering the ingredients are easy to get and it is simple to bake it, you should try and make your own version of pineapple upside down cake with cake mix.