Making pineapple upside down cake from scratch will give you a great taste for pleasure. It is known that some cakes are made by using ingredients bought from store so that it would be easy baking. But making your own cake will give different taste. To make one, check out these tips, ingredients and directions:
Pineapple Upside Down Cake from Scratch!
The sign of a good cake is its color. If the color is dark brown, it means the cake is overcooked. So, a good cake must have golden brown color. If your cake has this color, it means the taste will be wonderful. For easy baking, you should use a pan with square or round shape. Another shape will be difficult for your cake to come off later. Making one of these cakes will cost you about $25 up to $30. The ingredients won’t be a waste because you can always reuse it for other purposes.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake from Scratch tips
These are some simple tips you need to consider for best taste and pleasure that will be coming from the cake:
- Don’t Use Cold Eggs
When you are about to use the eggs, don’t grab them from the fridge and break them directly. Why is it? It is because the texture of the eggs is different and it will create different flavor. Warm it up for a while before using.
- Measure The Flour
If you are about to add the flour into a bowl, make sure you use a measure cup so that it will be measured well. If the flour exceed the limit of the cup, remove the excess into the remaining flour. By doing this you save some flour you don’t need to use.
How to make Pineapple Upside Down Cake from Scratch
If you are familiar with cake ingredients and tools, then the cake will be an easy shot for you. But if this is your first attempt, don’t worry. Just pay attention to the ingredients and directions below to make it in minutes.
- 4 chunks of unsalted butter
- 5 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon of salt
- Slices of fresh pineapple (cut into Os)
- Dried cherries
- 300 grams of flour
- 2 tablespoon of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 200 grams of sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of milk
- Melt the unsalted butter and spread it on the baking pan.
- Spread the brown sugar into the pan until it is distributed evenly.
- Put the O-sliced pineapple on the pan and garnish it with dried cherries.
- Grab your mixing bowl to put the flour, baking soda, and salt in it then whisk them.
- Take the other 2 chunks of unsalted butter and put it into another mixing bowl.
- Add sugar into it then mix them using a mixer.
- Take the egg and break it. Then add it into the mixture.
- Add milk and vanilla extract into the same bowl and mix them well.
- Take the bowl of flour, salt, and baking powder mixture and pour it into the other bowl.
- Use mixer to mix it up and turn it into dough.
- Pour the dough into the baking pan until it is distributed nicely.
- Put the pan into an oven and bake it at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Take out the pan from the oven. To take the cake off the pan, put it upside down and pull the pan slowly.
- The cake is ready to be served!
Pineapple Upside Down Cake from Scratch recipe tips
- The cake can be given more taste by adding more toppings like grated cheese or milk. Also, you can change the vanilla extract with another taste extract to give the cake different taste.
- Before you turn the cake upside down, pour melted chocolate on top of the cake and put it into refrigerator for about 30 minutes to make a crunchy chocolate base.
It is pretty easy isn’t it? Even it will be simple and easy for you who have never baked any cake before. The ingredients are easy to be found and you can still be creative by add or change some ingredients. Pineapple upside down cake from scratch is tastier than the others made by using bought ingredients.