Pineapple upside down cake shot has apparently become the new star on parties and bars. This unique drink shot offers a touch of tropical taste without leaving the kicking sensation of whiskey and sweet after taste. This may struck you to an idea of a popular cake that is finished in single pan by flipping it. No, it’s a different thing with a single idea, tasty! If you are holding a party soon, this can be one of the special drinks you want to serve. Check out the following guide for best taste and appearance.
There are several things you need to pay attention to for the best taste and look. Look at the following list:
1. Guest List Advised
This is going to be a kind of cocktail so it has a touch of alcohol in it. You should be advised on your guests list. Do you have children on your list? Make sure your bartender or server knows who can and can’t drink this shot.
2. Consider More on Glasses
This shot is going to be fun and super delicious with colorful look on it as well. The best way to serve it is on a shot glass or a martini glass for fancier look. In addition to it, these glasses have the appropriate size for per serving as this shot can give your trouble if you drink too much.
3. Don’t Forget the Final Touch
Don’t go easy on elaboration. You need very appealing look for the shot. Work on those cherries or pineapple slices for the most inviting and fancy look for your guests. Check on the recipe below for more ideas.
4. Timing for Serving
This shot is great for pre-dinner drink, but is is highly advised to serve it after dinner. It makes the best option for additional desert and it keeps you out of trouble during dinner.
Alright, let’s hit the recipe. If you have experience in making cocktails by yourself before, it shouldn’t be too difficult to do. Check out the recipe below.
Ingredients (per shot):
1 ounces of vanilla vodka
1 ounces of pineapple juice
1 dash of grenadine syrup
- Set up your shot or martini glasses, and put a cherry on the bottom of each glass.
- Fill your shaker with ice and add vanilla vodka and pineapple juice.
- Shake it until thorough.
- Divide the shot into the glasses evenly.
- Add a drop of the grenadine syrup in it.
- Garnish with either a cherry again or a slice of pineapple for more fun and tropical taste.
You may want to consider the following twist too.
- Instead using only a mix of vanilla vodka and pineapple juice, you can also try to mix other things for more challenging taste. 4 ounces of Vanilla Wishkey ( the Crown brand is highly recommended), 2 ounces of Cake vodka, and 2 ounces of pineapple juice mix will be delightful.
- You can add the grenadine syrup before shaking as well. However, adding it after you shake the mix will add more sophisticated look. The syrup will drop to the bottom, creating contrasting color in the glass which is cool. Your guests will love it!
So, this shot is pretty easy to make. You can be playful on the mix as well for more sophisticated look and taste. The entire ingredients are easy to get as well so you shouldn’t face any problem preparing it. Serve a shot of pineapple upside down cake shot and let your guests taste the fun.