For those who are really fond of baking, pumpkin Dump Cake recipe. This cake is really simple to make and it is also great to complete your lunch or dinner as the dessert. So, how to make it? If you are interested enough to find it out, then read these following explanations.
Pumpkin Dump Cake Recipe
So, where does the name of this cake come from? This cake is actually named by the ingredients and how to make it. Pumpkin is the main ingredient, so that the cake’s name says so. Besides, dump cake means that you only have to dump or combine all of the ingredients into one. Speaking about the texture, this cake is rather crispy and crumbly. The taste is fruit-flavored as it has pecans and pumpkin for the ingredients. It usually has brown golden color. It is fast to make because you don’t have to spend more than an hour in the kitchen.
Pumpkin Dump Cake Recipe Tips
These simple tips are worth to pay attention to because it will make your cake looks better and tastes even more delicious.
- Add Pecans for Additional Taste
This is actually an additional ingredient, meaning that it is not necessary to have it in your cake. However, if you prefer combined fruit-flavored cake, then you can add pecans.
- Match with the Occasions
Occasions are the matter whether this cake will taste more delicious. This cake is really great to enjoy after having a dinner as a dessert menu or when you are having potluck party to please the guests. Work on some extra finishing touches to match the occasion.
- Make it Even More
Instead of staying with the original recipe, you should consider adding whipped cream or fruit flavored syrup on top of the cake while serving. It prevents plain look while it enhances the taste.
How to make Pumpkin Dump Cake
Even though the entire recipe should be simple and you only need to dump together all of the ingredients, pay attention to the measurement. A little mistake on the measurement will change the texture and taste a little most possibly.
1 can of pure pumpkin
1 cup of white sugar
1 cup of chopped pecans (optional)
1 can of evaporated milk
1 box of yellow or white cake mix
3/4 cup of melted butter
3 teaspoons of cinnamon
3 large eggs
- First thing first. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 9 x 13 inch of baking dish. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, pumpkin, cinnamon, and sugar. Mix all of the ingredients until well blended.
- After that, spread the pumpkin mixture or batter in the prepared greased baking dish. Just so you know, the mixture will be very wet.
- Next, sprinkle the cake mix on top of the batter. If you are using pecans, add them over the batter as well. Then, pour the melted butter on top of the cake mix.
- Put in the baking dish containing the mixture into the oven and bake it for about 50 minutes or until the inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Take out the well baked cake and cool it completely before swapping it to another pan.
Pumpkin Dump Cake Recipe Additional Tips
Well, it looks like the recipe is simple enough to understand. However, you may want to consider these additional tips too.
- The cake may look completely good and delicious. However, there is one more extra additional flavor to add, which is ice cream. Just top the cake with ice cream and enjoy your delicious dessert. Kids mostly love this topping.
- Since the recipe is really simple and the ingredients are easy to get, then you may be able to improvise a bit. You can make your own dump cake creation by adding with additional flavors except pecans, such as chocolate chips. Just don’t stick with the recipe to make your own wonderful cake.
A dessert menu usually has sweet and light texture. This cake is the same. Therefore, this cake becomes one the recommended dessert menus to have after the dinner. It is also a great alternative to be one of the menus of your potluck party. It is guaranteed that your guests will take extra cake on their plates. Considering that it is easy to make and it tastes wonderful, pumpkin dump cake recipe is really worth to try.