If you are interested in making a cake with a simple recipe, then Sock It to Me Cake is one of the options of many cakes that can be made in about an hour. This kind of cake will taste so good if it is served as a dessert or other occasions. So, how do you make it? Hang in there and check out the following recipe and tips shown below.
Sock it to me cake
This cake has a circular or round shape with brown and golden color. The taste is also rich as it has mixed tastes of pecan, cinnamon, and sweet. This baked cake is soft and moist because its streusel topping and its sour cream.
Sock it to me cake tips
There are some tips to follow to make the cake looks and tastes best.
- Do Not Hesitate to Explore
For the cake is a simple cake, then it is better for you to explore more to create your own cake appearance and taste. Add more cinnamon, combine it with additional tastes, and many more.
- Match with the Occasions
Is it good to serve the cake as the dessert or else? You may want to consider the best timing to serve it. However, this cake is suitable to any occasions you have.
Sock it to me cake recipe
As it has been mentioned early, the process of making it is simple and it doesn’t take too long. Here it go!
2 unbeaten eggs
1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 cup of milk
2 1/4 cups of cake flour
1 1/2 cups of sugar
1 tablespoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
1 cup of coarsely chopped pecans
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
2 table spoon of ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons of milk
2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup of confectioners’ sugar
- First thing first, pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat the baking pan or bundt pan with flour and grease, and then set it aside.
- To make streusel filling, simply mix 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, ground cinnamon and 1 cup of chopped pecans in a small mixing bowl and stir it well.
- Next, prepare a large mixing bowl of an electric mixer and sift the cake flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt altogehter. Add 3/4 cup of milk, the lemon juice, and the vanilla. Beat the ingredients for about 2 minutes at high speed.
- Beat the eggs and add them into the mixing bowl and also the remaining 1/4 cup of milk. Again, beat the mixed ingredients for 2 minutes.
- Next, prepare a pan and pour it with the mixed well ingredients or the batter.
- Sprinkle it with the streusel filling, then add the remaining batter over the streusel filling.
- Put the pan into the oven and bake for about 28 until 33 minutes.
- Then, allow the cake to cool for about 25 minutes in the pan.
- In order to make the glaze, mix the confectioners’ sugar, the lemon juice, and the milk in a small bowl until it is smooth. Drop the glaze over the cake as desired.
Sock it to me cake recipe tips
To make the cake easy to serve and eat, you may want to consider these following tips:
- Instead of serving it raw or in an original form, it is better to slice the cake into pieces. Therefore, the cake looks more attractive because you can see appearance from both sides, outer and inside. It is also good to serve it in pieces as it will be easy for those who want to taste the cake.
- Do not forget to make a cup of coffee or tea when you are about to enjoy the cake because the it is taste very good with it. If you want to serve it as a dessert, then consider to have an ice cream as the companion.
In conclusion, this cake is easy to make and it has many ways to serve. It is also flexible to what time the cake should be served and it can even last for few days after it comes out of the baker. It is not difficult as well to get the ingredients because it is available at most local markets or supermarkets. Serve Sock It to Me Cake to your best occasions and may the taste lasts for the whole day.