Have you ever tried to make white Texas sheet cake? This cake is one of the favorite dessert cakes out there and is also a quite awesome companion for almost any occasions, such as afternoon tea, party, meeting, and many more. If you are curious enough about how to make this cake, then you are in the right place. There are plenty things you should know about this cake.
White Texas Sheet Cake
Before going any further, let’s get to know more about this cake. This cake texture is very tender and moist, so that when you eat this cake it will bring melt-in sensation. The taste is of course sweet because this cake has some sweet flavors on its ingredients. Yet, the ingredients are easy to get. This cake is in white golden color as it is covered with white topping or frosting on top of it.
If you are about to make this cake, then you must pay attention to these simple tips given. Here is what you should know.
1. Mind the Size of the Cake
If you have an event or occasion where it includes people on it, then this cake is the perfect choice for that event. Just mind the size when you make this cake because this cake yields 20 servings.
2. The More You Explore the Better
You don’t have to be worry about your desire to modify the recipe becauseit what makes this cake even more interesting. Just add some additional flavors into this cake and make your own delicious and good looking cake.
How to make White Texas Sheet Cake
Since this cake is simple and easy to make, then the ingredients are easy enough to get by. Moreover, the instructions on how to make it is not so hard. Just prepare these following ingredients and you are ready to make this awesome cake.
For the Cake:
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 cup of cubed butter
1 cup of water
1 teaspoon of almond extract
1/2 cup of sour cream
1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
2 cups of all-purpose flour
2 cups of sugar
2 large eggs
For the Frosting:
1 cup of chopped walnuts
1/2 cup of cubed butter
1/4 cup of milk
1/2 teaspoon of almond extract
4 1/2 cups of confectioner’s sugar
1. First of all, preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Meanwhile, grease a 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking pan. Set it aside.
2. Then, prepare a large bowl and whisk the first five ingredients including baking soda, baking powder, sugar, all-purpose flour, and salt. Set aside. In a medium saucepan, mix the water and cubed butter and boil the mixture. Once it is finished, combine the boiled mixture to the flour mixture and mix it well. Add eggs, almond extract, sour cream to the mixture and combine until it is well mixed.
3. Spread the batter into the greased baking pan. Then put the baking pan into the oven and bake for about 20 until 25 minutes.
4. While waiting until the cake is fully baked, prepare a saucepan to make the frosting. Combine milk and the butter and boil it. Remove from heat, and then stir in the confectioner’s sugar, walnuts, and the almond extract.
5. Take out the fully baked cake and let it sit for a moment. Then, spread the frosting on top of the cake. Slice the cakes into several pieces before serving it.
White Texas Sheet Cake Recipe tips
Now that you have known the recipe on how to make this delicious cake, you may want to consider these additional tips. Check them out.
1. Instead of using water, you can use milk. The substitution from water to milk is clearly to make the taste of the cake sweeter and the texture will become moister and tenderer. This is a great idea if you desire to make the cake a perfect desert for all. Plus, you don’t have to add more sugar.
2. In case the frosting will melt when you spread it over the cake, wait until the cake is warm or cool enough then you can start spreading the frosting over the cake.
This cake is simple to make yet the appearance is also simple. However, once you have tasted it you may want more and more. On top of that, you don’t have to possess certain cooking skill to make this delicious cake. White Texas sheet cake is really a great companion for any occasions, such as party, afternoon tea, dessert, and etc. You should try baking it.