Have you ever try the delicious taste of a banana pudding poke cake? The tenderness of its texture will melt in your mouth. The sweetness of the cake topped with creamy banana, this cake surely will send you to heaven.
Banana Pudding Poke Cake
If we talk about making cakes, things can get creative. You can decide whether you want it round, triangle, square, or you can make it into the shape of objects with different sizes. But, you will be limited by the budget. So to keep being creative, you can buy cheaper ingredients. To make a whole of this cake, your budget should be around $25-$30. It includes the entire ingredients you are going to need and most of them will be able to be used on the next cooking as well.
Banana Pudding Poke Cake Tips
These are simple tips that need to be considered before making one:
- Use Parchment Paper
Its function is to prevent your cake to be stuck on the pan. Covering the pan with this paper will be a good idea. You don’t want your piece of joy incomplete, do you?
- Measure The Price
Buying cheaper ingredients is a must. You can buy Nilla Vanilla Wafer 11 oz for $3.28 and Pillsbury All-Purpose Flour 2 lb for $1.74 in Walmart for cheaper cost. But if you want to make it again, it is suggested to buy bigger packages.
How to Make Banana Pudding Poke Cake
Baking cake is not a difficult task if you have all of the ingredients and tools. Skill can come up later. So if this is your first time baking then you need to prepare all the tools, buy these ingredients below and start baking by following these steps:
- 250 grams of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 tablespoons of baking soda
- 1 box (11 oz) of vanilla wafers
- 1 box (5.1 oz) of vanilla pudding
- 150 grams of light brown sugar
- 2 cups of milk
- 3 eggs
- Mashed banana
- Sliced banana
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 and a half cup of heavy cream
- 1 cup of sugar
- Take some vanilla wafers, turn it to crumbs, and put it altogether with the all-purpose flour, the baking soda, the baking powder, and the salt into a mixing bowl.
- Whisk the ingredients in the bowel until it is mixed.
- Melt the unsalted butter and put it into the bowl.
- Take the brown sugar and place it into the bowl.
- Mix the ingredients above by using a mixer; beat it up until the texture becomes soft.
- While the ingredients are still beaten, add 1 egg at a time until all of the eggs are used.
- After that, add mashed banana and milk into the mixture while it is still beaten until the dough is done.
- Take your baking pan and cover it with the parchment paper.
- Spread some flour on the pan and distribute it evenly.
- Pour your dough into the pan; make sure it is distributed evenly.
- Put the pan into the oven and bake it at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- While it is baking, make the pudding by adding the vanilla pudding powder into a mixing bowl and add milk into it. Whisk the pudding mix until it is thick and creamy.
- Also, make the whipping cream for extra pleasure. Put heavy cream, a teaspoon of vanilla extract, and sugar into a bowl and whisk it until it is soft and creamy.
- After the cake is done, take it out from the oven and poke it (make holes all over it).
- Pour the pudding into the pan until it is distributed evenly. On top of it, spread the sliced bananas and the whipping cream.
- Sprinkle another wafer crumbs and garnish it with vanilla wafers and sliced bananas.
- Your cake is ready to be served!
Banana Pudding Poke Cake Recipe Tips
- You can add grated cheese as an extra topping
- Melt chocolate bar and pour it on the top of your cake for more classy taste
- Enjoy your cake while drinking tea, it is perfect!
Baking cake is easy, isn’t it? The main point is to be creative and also paying attention to main ingredients is crucial. You may press the budget, but don’t let your creativity burns out. Now you know how to make a heavenly banana pudding poke cake.