Giving a birthday cake for dogs on their birthday can be a good decision you will made these days. As one of amazing pets we will always looking for, celebrating a dogs’ birthday with a special cake once a year is must. Here is a recommended choice for all dog lovers out there.
About the Cake
If look at a lot of cartoons which involve dogs in it, it is guaranteed there will be so many scenes that shows dogs’ interest with bones. The idea of making these so many scenes came with some reasons. One of them is clearly because dogs, mostly, like bones. Whenever they see or smell anything comes close with bones, they will passionately hunt it. When your dogs are having their birthday, will you only give ordinary bones? It seems not a really good idea. With some creativity and smart touch, you can present an unforgettable moment for your dog by combining bones with a birthday cake. How is it possible? It is a common secret that dogs and peanut butter are a match made in heaven. Almost all types of dog love the taste and smell of it. The soft texture of peanut butter will always attract any dog. Creating a cute birthday cake for your beloved dog with bone design can be the best gift for them.
For those who like cooking cake with sweet taste, the recipe below must be familiar to you. These are the ingredients that people usually use to make a sweet peanut butter cake.
1 egg (the size depends on how much you need)
1 cup of whole wheat flour
1 cup of carrot which already shredded
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/4 cup of quick cooking oats
1/4 cup of honey
1/3 cup of vegetable oil
1/3 cup + 2 spoons of peanut butter
- Preheat all the ingredients in oven to 350 degree
- Line cupcake tin as many liners as you need
- Mix the oil, honey, egg, peanut butter, and shredded carrots in a large bowl.
- Mix the baking soda, oats and flour in a different bowl. Add this mixing to the carrot mixture and stir it until all the ingredients are totally combined.
- Separate the mixture with the same measuring to the prepared cupcake liners.
- The bone design can be made from the combination of the forth step ingredients. A mold of bone can be really helpful in making the shape, but you can use your own hand if you do not have one.
- You can also put some writing to the bone cake before baking it.
- Bake it for about 15-25 minutes until the top side of the cake is turning to golden brown.
- Remove all of the cakes from oven and cool it down on wire rack.
Additional Tips on Recipe
The ingredients above are only a one simple package. You can always combine any ingredients to peanut butter. These ingredients are recommended to be tried too.
- Grated Apple
It sounds weird at first but wait until you taste it. You will never guess that the tasty taste you just bite from the cake is from the grated apple. One thing you have to make sure if you want to add grated apple is not baking the cake for too short. It will taste different if you already remove it before 15 minutes.
- Mashed Banana
This one additional ingredient is the most recommended one for a cupcake. The original taste of banana will suit perfectly with the sweetness of peanut butter. Peanut and banana itself are known as a perfect couple. We often found any combination of cake or bread involving peanut and banana. With the right amount of sweetness, those combinations will melt every tongue that tastes it.
Well, it does not need to wait until once a year just to serve a delicious cake to your dog. The recipe and direction above are also applicable for human. Although this kind of cake is also recommended to be served human too, there is nothing better than serving birthday cake for dogs.