This is a delicious chocolate chip pound cake filled recipe with pecans and chocolate chips, frosted with a chocolate ganache glaze that is totally smooth. It’s a wish come true for just about any chocolate lover. This cake slices attractively whether the pieces are liberally thin and thick or dainty, which makes it perfect for a particular event or a casual dinner.
Chocolate chip pound cake ingredients
- ¾ cup butter room temperature
- 1 2/3 cups light brown sugar
- ¾ cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup milk
- 2½ cups all purpose flour *
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans optional
* Gluten Free Substitution:
- 1½ cups brown rice flour
- ¾ cup tapioca starch
- ½ cup potato starch
- 1½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup butter
How to make chocolate chip pound cake
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Order an oven rack in the middle of the oven. Totally grease and flour a 12-cup bundt pan and set it aside. Whip the butter and sugars together, on medium speed, until fluffy crumbs from. Add vanilla extract, and the eggs beat again until smooth. Then add milk, beat on low speed to join. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Beat only until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 60-65 minutes, with crumbs that are moist or until deep golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a wire stand for fifteen minutes. In the very top of the cake, put the cooling stand after fifteen minutes, hold the sides carefully and invert the pan on the stand. The cake should drop easily out from the pan. Solicit securely on the pan with a wooden spoon, if required to free the cake from the pan. Let the cake cool completely.
- To make the frosting, combine butter and the chocolate chips in a small glass bowl. Microwave for 90 seconds at 50% POWER. Stir to join. Microwave yet another thirty seconds at full power and stir again. Microwave thirty seconds more, if necessary, and stir till the chocolate has melted down.
- Pour on the cake. The frosting will harden as it cools. Store at room ideal temperature, loosely covered, ideally not air-tight. This cake will keep for 2-3 days.
- NOTE: A 10-cup Bundt pan may also work for this recipe. After it is removed from the pan, the cake will only be more curved on the underside.