Do you ever wonder how to make pineapple upside down cake using cake mix? Actually, you don’t have to spend a more than an hour in the kitchen if you want to make this cake because this is one of many simple cakes that only takes around 30 until 45 minutes to make. Now, if you are interested to make one, just read this article until the last paragraph.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake Using Cake Mix
As its name says, the taste of this cake is dominated by the taste of pineapple and the flavor is so sweet, yet the color is mostly brown and yellowish. You can also guess the texture as well as it is baked, then the texture should be light and tender. The size is about medium size and its shape is usually circular. However, you can make the size bigger or smaller as you desire. If you want to make this cake, you should spend around $4.40 until $4.61. It is quite cheap, isn’t it?
Pineapple Upside Down Cake Using Cake Mix Tips
These tips are actually simple, but it is worth to pay attention to. Here are what you should know.
- Mind the Size
It is common but it is also important. If you want to serve this cake for your family members, then size is what matters most. You don’t want to make small-sized cake for four people in the house, do you?
- Be Creative
You may want to stick with the recipe, but you can actually explore more to make your cake taste to your own preference. Add more pineapple, more topping, and etc. Just be creative!
How to Make Pineapple Upside Down Cake Using Cake Mix
Now that you have known the simple tips about what to do with the cake, then you now can try to make this cake. Just prepare the ingredients and follow the directions below.
For the Topping:
2 can of Pineapple Slices (1 can contains at least 6 pineapple slices)
1 jar of Maraschino Cherries
1 cup of light brown sugar
1/2 cup of unsalted butter
For the Cake:
1 package of Cake Mix (Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Yellow Premium Cake Mix or Array Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Pineapple Flavored Premium Cake Mix)
2 large eggs
2/3 cup of pineapple juice
2/3 light olive oil
- First thing to do is placing a rack in the center of oven, then preheat the oven to 350o Put parchment paper in the bottom of a 10 inch cast iron skillet.
- Drain the pineapple to make at least 2/3 cup of juice for the cake. Melt the butter into the parchment, then sprinkle it with brown sugar.
- Then, place the pineapple slices over it in a decorative pattern and put a cherry in the center of the pineapple slices. Pour the pineapple juice over it.
- Next, to make the cake prepare cake mix as it is shown on the package’s direction and slowly pour cake mix over the pineapple slices and cherries.
- Put the batter into the oven and bake it around 35 minutes or insert a toothpick to the cake to see whether it comes out clean or not in order to make sure the cake is well baked.
- Lift the cake from the oven and place it to a serving plate. Wait for about five minutes until the cake is cooled enough. Serve it while it is still warm.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake Using Cake Mix Recipe Tips
You may want to consider these following additional tips too.
- Instead of making drain pineapple upside down cake, you may want to make it moister. Then, when the cake comes out from the oven, don’t wait until it is cooled. Immediately, cover the cake with a wrapping plastic and let it cool under it. You can see the cake moist for about 10 until 15 minutes waiting.
- Note that the cake should be well baked when the inserted toothpick comes out clean. If you cannot decide whether it has been baked or not, then you can actually taste it a little.
In conclusion, making this cake is actually easy enough. You don’t have to own certain skill, but at least you know how to bake. Besides, you don’t have to spend a lot of money to get the ingredients in hand because the ingredients are pretty cheap and easy to get. Moreover, this pineapple upside down using cake mix are really great to serve for a dessert menu or when you have an afternoon tea.