Pineapple upside down cake with crushed pineapple and sliced strawberries is one of the best cakes that offers tender texture and fresh taste of fruits in every bite. Not only that, it would be such joyful experience in making this cake. Are you interested to make one?
Pineapple Upside Down Cake with Crushed Pineapple and Sliced Strawberries
You can make this cake while being creative by shaping it into things like animals or other objects. But you can also use the default shape of square or round for easy baking. The price range to make these cakes is about $25-$35, and also the ingredients can be reused to make another cake.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake with Crushed Pineapple and Sliced Strawberries Tips
Before getting your hands on the ingredients, consider these tips first:
- Don’t Purchase Canned Pineapple
Do you know that canned pineapple that is sold in stores can be more expensive than the actual pineapple? Yes it will be tastier and you don’t have to peel them off or slice them to pieces, but buying the actual pineapple will give you more slices. Also, it is cheaper.
- Melt The Butter Beforehand
Before you process the ingredients, melt the butter first to save your time later. Doing this will also help you whether the butter is enough or not. Always use unsalted butter for baking cakes to prevent too much salty taste.
How to Make Pineapple Upside Down Cake with Crushed Pineapple and Sliced Strawberries
If you ever made a pineapple upside down cake, then this one would be easy. But if you have never, then just follow these steps:
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of salt
- 2 bowls of pineapple slices
- 1 bowl of sliced strawberries
- 350 grams of flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 200 grams of fine sugar
- 100 grams of brown sugar
- 5 chunks of unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of sour cream
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- First of all, melt 3 chunks of butter and pour it in a pitch.
- Then, take your mixing bowl and your stand mixer, then put 2 chunks of butter into it.
- Add the fine sugar into it and turn on the mixer.
- Keep beating the mixture until it gets fluffy then add the eggs.
- Turn off the mixer to add the vanilla extract and the sour cream. Then turn it on again.
- While it is beating into wet mixture, prepare the dry ingredients by putting the flour, the cinnamon powder, the salt, the baking soda, and the baking powder into another bowl. Whisk them nicely.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and mix it together.
- Take 1 bowl of sliced pineapple and crush it. Place the crushed pineapple into the mixture.
- Keep beating the mixture until it turns to dough.
- Take your baking pan, and pour the melted butter into it. Sprinkle the brown sugar until it is distributed evenly. Take another bowl of sliced pineapple and crush it again.
- Put the crushed pineapple and the sliced strawberries into the pan and distribute it evenly.
- Pour the dough until the crushed pineapples and sliced strawberries are covered.
- Put the pan into the oven and bake it at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- Take off the pan and turn it upside down to take the cake off from the pan.
- There, your cake is done and ready for serving!
Pineapple Upside Down Cake with Crushed Pineapple and Sliced Strawberries Recipe Tips
- If you don’t like sour cream, you can replace it with 2 cups of milk.
- You can also replace the cinnamon powder with 1 teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa powder for a little bit chocolate taste.
- Buy a chocolate bar and melt it. Then, pour it on the cake to give it a chocolate layer.
- If you like cheese, add grated cheese on top of this cake as toppings.
- Ice cream and vanilla whipping cream as side menu is also great combination for this cake.
Once the cake has baked perfectly, you will see the butter caramelized along with the brown sugar. The gold color from this cake is the indication of a success cake. Also, you will get a crunchy bite with melted pineapple in your mouth. The sweetness and elegance taste of this pineapple upside down cake with crushed pineapple and sliced strawberries will spoil your tongue.