Texas cocolate sheet cake is the real chocolate cake that will make whoever eats it feels better. The sensation of the rich and moist chocolate cake melting in your mouth is just fantastic. Surprisingly, it is easy to make while it looks totally sophisticated.
Texas Chocolate Sheet Cake
The name of the cake indicates where this cake originally comes from. Even though it comes from Texas, the creation of the cake actually involved other country too. The origins of this cake actually are a little murky. This cake became phenomenal in Texas in 1950’s when German’s chocolate cake was being popular before. It explains why the appearance of this cake is similar to the German’s.
This rich and moist cake is very simple to make. The tools and ingredients are easily found in the nearest shop or supermarket. There is no need for a certain level of decorating skill for the topping as well. To make this cake, you only need around one hour and 45 minutes for preparing and baking. Moreover, it costs only $11.00 to make this cake.
Texas Chocolate Sheet Cake Tips
You will definitely want the cake moister and tastier. Check out the simple tips below.
- Place Butter in Room Temperature
Before you start baking this cake, place the butter in room temperature. The texture resultedwill be moister and it will be easier to mix other ingredients with it. In the end, this butter will result in fluffier and tastier texture.
- Wheat Flour as Optional
For this recipe, you can use wheat flour or all-purpose flour. Each flour will result in different texture. If you use the wheat flour one, make sure to add another flour, such as starch or tapioca flour, to make good texture of the cake.
How to Make Texas Chocolate Sheet Cake
For the cake:
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of unsalted butter
- 16 ounces of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups of white sugar
- ½ teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
For the Frosting:
- ½ cup of unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup of milk
- ¼ cup of cocoa powder
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat the oven up to 350°F. Don’t forget to spray the cake pan with the cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the wheat flour, baking soda, white sugar, and kosher salt. Whisk it until it is incorporated.
- In a sauce pan, heat the unsalted butter, water, and cocoa powder over the medium heat. Let it combined and melted.
- Let the mixture warm in touch. If it is already done, pour it into the large bowl with flour mixture. Mix them with sour cream, vanilla extract, and eggs. Stir thoroughly until the dough incorporated well.
- Pour the dough into the prepared cake pan and spread it evenly. Then, bake it for 20-22 minutes in the oven until it springs back when you gently pressed in the middle and also the edge.
- While the cake is baking, let’s prepare the frosting. In a medium bowl, combine the unsalted butter, milk, and cocoa powder. Stir it until it is incorporated.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract to the bowl. Mix it with the butter mixture until there is no lumps remain. Then, if it is already done, coat the frosting with plastic wrap until the cake has finished baking.
- Remove the cake from the oven. Then, sow the frosting over the cake to the edge.
- As soon as possible, sow the toasted pecans over the frosting.
- Place the cake in the room temperature before serving.
Texas Chocolate Sheet Cake Recipe Tips
If you don’t have any pecans in your kitchen or perhaps it is difficult to be found in the shop or supermarket, you can replace it with another peanut, such as walnut or cashew. Almond is great too.
This super tasty and moist cake can be easily made in hand. The preparation is really simple and all ingredients shouldn’t be too hard to get. Serve this cake in your special occasions to your lovely family member or guests. Share the happiness and a touch of delicacy with this Texas chocolate sheet cake.