Yellow Cake from Scratch is one of the most favourite cake right now. People are addicted to this cake because of the moist texture and so delicious. This cake has many kind of shape, such as round and square. It also has an assorted flavour, ranging from chocolate, strawberry, and so on.
This cake is also one of the cheapest cake that can you make. For a 9-inch round pan, at least you may have to prepare $14.00. The price is quite cheap while it is compared with the quality of its taste. Moreover, you just spend around 1 and a half hours to make this cake in the kitchen. So, below is the following guide how to make this cake tastier and has good-looking.
Yellow Cake tips
These are several things you need to know to make the cake tastier and good-looking. Look at the following list below.
- Unsalted or Salted Butter
There is a choice for you to make the cake fluffier. You can use unsalted or salted butter. If you use the unsalted butter, add a teaspoon salt into the dough. The use of butter is very important and how to safe it before. The temperature of the butter really matters. It should be soft and fluffy enough so it can be slide by the finger with a bit of pressure. But make it to not overly sludgy, greasy, and soft.
The measurement of the flour must be right exactly. Use the kitchen scale to measure it. If you don’t have it, you can use a cup that has already the scale. It is important because the wheat flour contains of gluten. Gluten has function to determine the level of elasticity and toughness of the cake. Do not too much or too less on adding the wheat floor. Add a little corn starch to make the cake stingier.
The use of pan is important to shape the cake. If you don’t have unique shape pan, such as heart and star shape for example, you can slice it manually. Pay attention before you pour the dough into the pan. Previously, you must smear the shortening or butter on the pan. It will make the cake not sticky that can ruin the appearance.
How to make Yellow Cake from scratch
- 2 cups of wheat flour
- ½ cups corn starch
- 1½ cups of white sugar
- ½ cup of shortening or unsalted butter
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3½ teaspoons of baking powder
- 3 chicken eggs
- Preheat the oven up to 175°C.
- While waiting for the oven hot, grease and flour one 9-inch cake pans. Set aside.
- Using large bowl, mix together butter and sugar.
- Put in vanilla and egg yolks. Mix until it is incorporated.
- In the different bowl, mix together the wheat flour, salt, white sugar, and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Then pour the milk into the dough.
- Stir until the dough is fluffy. Be careful while stir it and do not too over.
- Beat the egg whites until it is stiff and thick.
- Pour slowly the egg whites into the dough and mix it until all of the ingredients incorporated.
- Pour the dough into the pans and spread it until it is flat.
- Bake it up to 30 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven and let the cake until warm to the touch.
- Very carefully, remove the cake from the pan and place it on the flat pan.
- Place the cake on the refrigerator to finish cooling.
- Decorate the cake suit one’s taste.
Yellow Cake recipe tips
To make the cake more good looking, the cake may be decorated. The decoration depends on your suit one’s taste or the goal of making the cake. Generally, smear the cake with buttercream as the foundation. Next, you can add anything that makes the cake good-looking and looks tasty, such as chocolate sprinkles, scraped cheese, fruit, raisins, etc.
So, it is very easy to make this cake. It is also easily to find the ingredients and tools from the shop or supermarket. Besides that, you can share your imagination on this cake with the good-looking decoration and topping. Serve the happiness of your event with Yellow Cake from Scratch to your guests.